Thursday, August 16, 2007

Brink of Chaos

Lovey is off today and I thought that this would be the perfect day to go to the grocery store since I wouldn't have to take any kids with me. I nursed the girls and then ran out the door planning on returning before the next nursing.

I went hungry (mistake #1), sure that we had no food in the house (mistake #2), and sure that I had all the time in the world to hang out at the grocery store by myself (mistake #3). 2 1/2 hours later and $100 over budget, I called Lovey to see how things were going at the house and to inform him that he would have to give the girls a bottle because I wasn't going to make it home on time. (He was absolutely NOT surprised at this news since I am typically later than I say I'm going to be when I run errands by myself. I can't imagine why I wouldn't rush home to my crazy house when I get a few minutes by myself?!?)

So I say to Lovey, "How are things going?"
"Petty good. We're hanging at the brink of chaos," he replies.
(At this point I think to myself, oh goody...just what I want to come home to.)
"What is so chaotic?"
"Well, I've got 6 kids that I'm chasing around the front yard." Lovey says. (Interesting...when I left there were 4 kids, 2 of those couldn't walk.) "Don't worry, whenever I'm watching the kids I always feel like I am on the brink of chaos."

...and we wonder why I'm not in any hurry to come home!!!

No comments: